Jose Silva - financial engineer, futures trader, asset manager
22 years and 80,000+ man-hours experience in cutting-edge systematic strategy research, development and actual trading ($3.7 billion in futures contracts).
- Acquired a reputation throughout trader networks for refined programming skills and outside-the-box solutions. Launched MetaStockTools.com and developed unique custom trading tools for 480 clients, many being industry professionals (asset managers, HNW traders, financial service providers).
- Launched live and traded 1st-generation Pegasus system on the ASX market, averaging a net 36% pa return over four years. Realized through declining returns (price slippage as trade size increased) that strategies applied to small/mid-cap securities are not scalable to large capital trading levels.
- Developed the popular and versatile VST strategy platform, regularly used by over 4200 traders from 110 countries worldwide.
- Developed and successfully traded various new systematic approaches based on fixed market price patterns. Also created unique methods and tools to combine profit/risk/confidence analytics into one central powerful tool for system development, as well as new tools for direct performance comparisons between disparate classes of strategies.
- Successfully traded (on behalf of HNW clients) various 2nd-generation systematic strategies on US equity markets, based on a mix of fixed and shifting market patterns. 25% pa example here.
- Recognized that due to factors such as emerging disruptive technologies (HFT algorithms, AI bots, etc), markets and their price patterns are now evolving too fast for any static trading strategy to remain profitable over time.
- Developed and introduced 3rd-gen quantitative/qualitative market-adaptive methodologies, using proprietary technologies such as pattern-searching Neural Networks. Retail example here.
- Traded $3.6 billion in futures contracts for managed accounts, using various generations of proprietary Neural Networks exceptionally well-suited for liquid futures contracts.
- Launched Stralliance Capital Management after a year of regulatory hurdles. Fund based in the BVI (Reg 1909042), Cayman Islands (Reg OG-313958) and HK through financial industry affiliates. The fund ceased operations after 18 months, due mostly to inexperienced partners being unable to attract investors.
- Paused all trading activity in order to concentrate on developing/refining powerful pattern/price-discovery proprietary Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), whose task is to find a solid but ever-shifting market edge in liquid futures contracts (eMini, 10Y Note, Energy, Gold futures).
- Re-launched Stralliance Capital Management, trading managed accounts only (for now). Will launch Cayman Islands based fund when managed account assets reach USD 20 million.
- Currently researching and developing the next generation of Neural Nets: Transformers. These new Neural Net architechtures are better suited to financial time-series forecasting than existing RNNs, due to their innate ability to deal with context in sequential data.
Richard Laferla - experienced futures trader and entrepreneur
- CEO of Eclipse Environmental Australia.
- Entrepreneur involved in environmental sustainability, ergonomic workplaces, solar and energy management, water recycling. Helping to put the global environmental puzzle together and contributing to a greener sustainable future.
- Experienced US futures trader.
- Through both entrepreneurial experience and professional trading skills, gained a solid understanding of optimal risk/reward investing.
© 2015-2024 Stralliance Capital Management
Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. The risk of loss in all types of trading can be substantial.
The presentation of information and data provided do not constitute a solicitation for investment funds, nor an offer to transact in any commodity interest or any other related financial product(s).